Every human resource professional is in need of some resources s/he could rely upon. However, finding such trustworthy resources is painful if not directed in a right direction. In a country like India, where HR industry is yet to witness a strategic reform, coming through such curated human resources websites is almost impossible.
At CareerBuilder India, we understand the pain Indian recruiters go through on a regular basis and hence, have developed an Indian Version of human resources websites.
Do check out this list of HR resources, if you wish for regular industry updates, discussion community, latest industry news, law amendments, surveys and research papers etc.
HR Associations in India
1. Ministry of Human Resource Development: National governing body that designs and develops rules & regulations for the development and functioning of human resource in the country.
2. National HRD: Around 28 years ago, National HRD was created as an autonomous, non-profit yet professionally managed association that aimed at grooming Leaders for tomorrow by enhancing the capability of HR professionals nationwide.
3. SHRM – India: SHRM India is a subsidiary of world’s largest non-profit professional human resource association –SHRM. With over 285,000 members in 165 countries, SHRM supports global HR community by providing certifications, collaborations, industry data resources & research, development opportunities, academic associations and consultative services.
4. HR Sangam: Formed in 2006, this association aims towards creating a networking and knowledge-sharing platform for the HR fraternity via events, monthly meetings, seminars, expert interactions, seasonal workshops etc.
5. HR Association of India: A national level association of India with over 22,000 members from India and abroad aims to promote understanding in the Human Resource Management domain by providing an array of professional development opportunities and collaboration programs.
6. Executive Recruiters Association: This association represents executive recruitment firms within India and works towards establishing professional and moral values for its members. It also works towards upgrading their industry knowledge by providing media information and market rules of executive recruitment.
HR Communities in India
7. hrVillage: Formed in 2000, this HR community aims at providing the right information and common insight to HR professionals; especially everything related to managing a workforce.
8. HR.com: This is a community designed to certify HR professionals with best industry practices and knowledge in order to develop their career path by enhancing their market value. The community has over 220,000 professionals across the globe.
9. The HR Club: With a network of over 40,000 HR professionals, this club works towards the development of thought leadership and capability building in the Indian HR domain.
10. India HR Live: An Indian HR community that publishes video interviews, panel discussions & webinars of industry experts and leaders over innovative technology with an aim to help India transform its HR network.
11. Silicon India: One of the largest HR communities of Indian professionals, Silicon India provides daily updates on Business and Technology domain and caters the need of over 5 million HR professionals.
12. The HR Fund: Formed in 2011, The HR Fund is country’s first HR focused privately-owned investment company that aims to revolutionize HR entrepreneurship in the country.
HR Publications in India
13. Bible HR: Publishes labor law resources especially HR acts, rules, employee monetary rules & regulations, labor laws in India, HR regulatory & amendments, maternity benefits, women compensation plans etc.
14. HRM Guide: Formed in 2000, HRM Guide is an autonomous online platform publishing information related to at HR practitioners, researchers and students across the world.
15. About.com – Human Resource: An open platform that caters HR professionals with latest industry updates, guide and how-to articles worldwide.
16. Labour Law Reporter: An online publisher that aims to provide quality data related to Employee-employer relation, Indian labor law and key judgments of Indian Courts with regards to human resource management.
17. Toolbox.com – HR: An open platform that caters the need of human resource professional worldwide. It also provides a discussion platform covering topics such as HR Technology, Sourcing, Legal Compliance, HR Management, Corporate Governance etc.
18. HR Katha: An online platform that shares regular industry updates to keep an HR professional updated. HR Katha aims to collaborate HR data such as best practices, culture, tools, training and development methods, initiated and practiced by the Indian HR professionals.
HR Magazines in India
19. People Matters: One of the leading HR media platforms, People Matters is a community that fosters unification of ideas among HR managers, HR service providers and CXOs.
20. Business Manager: Formed in 1998, Business Manager is primarily focused on HR/IR issues targeting HR managers, management professionals, industrialists, academicians, management institutes and management students.
21. Perfect Professionals: A monthly magazine published by TVRLS network, Perfect Professionals mainly focusses on talent management and organizational development domain.
22. Human Capital: Formed in 1997, Human Capital is said to be India’s first business magazine focusing HR domain. Along with HR magazine, it also caters HR professionals with the online library, case studies, e-magazine and mobile application.
23. IUP Publications: Formed in 1994, IUP brings out a collection of publications comprising 27 journals covering domains such as management, finance, economics, science & technology and arts & humanities.
24. The Human Factor: A magazine published by Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM) covers updates concerning human/governance/corporate management niche. IIPM with the help of these journals aims towards the development of quality of leaders, entrepreneurs and managers in HR domain of India.
HR Discussion Platforms
25. Labor Law Talk: Forum for HR professionals that mainly discusses HR issue related to employers, managers, & human resources.
26. LinkedIn: With 433 million members across 200 countries, LinkedIn is world’s largest professional network around the globe.
27. HR Exchange: An online community for HR pros where they can share their views on numerous HR issues such as sourcing, employee problems, payroll, pension, engagement etc.
28. Cite HR: A Cite.Co network platform, Cite HR caters discussion covering every aspect of business and professional life. One can even find mentor/business coach, consultant, documents, presentations, service providers, legal help or any other information required for business functioning.
29. HRLink: An HR community that provides an open discussion platform to Indian HR professionals, employees and management gurus.
30. HR Success Talk: An HR Success Talk network platform, this forum community allows participants discuss issues related to recruitment/talent acquisition, HR policies, HR business, job openings, Training & development, performance management etc.