The idea of writing on ‘SAP SE’ is completely based on how it surpassed every challenge. I would start with explaining SAP SE first. SAP stands for Systems, Applications & Products in Data Processing. SE stands for Societas Europaea, a combination of Latin words that means European Society or Company. It is headquartered in Walldorf, Germany. It is one of the largest software companies in the world.
It is interesting to know how it achieved several successes by providing business solutions to various industries. Its efforts would inspire you that is for making this world a better place. It is one of the ideal companies of modern days. It has achieved the heights of success and made us believe that hard-work never goes in vain. What we have as bigger brands today were once nothing more than a small set ups. SAP SE was also not more than just a private partnership among its founders that later became a major company where thousands of employees started working.
They started from nothing. What they have achieved so far is an example for every company whether who have just taken their baby steps or those who are already established. Why already established company should learn from SAP SE? Because, they say we are 43 years old — and just getting started. Considering these words, you can imagine the still boiling inquisitiveness, laborious approach and passionate nature of the company.
The way it has opened the doors for youngsters is an achievement. Individuals can choose lucrative career in SAP and easily find SAP fresher jobs anywhere in the world. There are two kinds of SAP fresher jobs – (1) working with the same organization i.e. SAP SE, and (2) companies where SAP based software systems are used for the smooth flow of business.
Successes So Far
Let‘s know the history of this company. It was an unheard concept until they established a corporate software company in 1972. They broke the routine path. SAP’s five founders – Klaus Tschira, Dietmar Hopp, Hans-Werner Hector, Hasso Plattner, and Claus Wellenreuther refused to follow the orthodoxies of information technology. They just wanted to transform the world of information technology and revamp the techniques the way organizations do business. They followed the same entrepreneurial spirit then that they personify today.
If you are interested in knowing more about SAP SE, the chronological facts that would help you feed better include:
- 1972 – Till then, no company was into the scene from the information technology world. Microsoft and Apple were still in the brains their founders. Microsoft came into the existence in 1975 and Apple was established in 1976.
- 1977 – It had its first international client.
- 1988 – They started up publicly in Germany.
- 1990 – It was the time when they started offering solutions for small businesses
- 1993 – SAP teamed up with Microsoft.
- 1998 – It was the first time when SAP was listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- 2002 – It experienced a new high in 2002 when the company was listed the third largest independent software company in the world.
- 2004 – It launched a web-based computing platform – NetWeaver. It was a sigh of relief for many IT managers.
- 2007 – The year proven to be one more achievement for the company when it was declared “Germany’s Best Employer” for the 4th time. SAP bought BusinessObjects in the same year
- 2010 – SAP acquired Sybase.
- 2011 – SAP released SAP HANA and acquired SuccessFactors that is a leading cloud-based software company.
Creating the Difference
Besides facilitating companies in the smooth run of their businesses, this organization is enthusiastically and emotionally involved into making people’s lives better. They run various volunteer programs for free education. They help deprived people live better lives. Their volunteer programs include helping people find employment. They serve poverty stricken people in Africa and Brazil. In 2013, SAP donated 120 k volunteer hours, $585M to disaster relief and $20 M to non-profits.
On the other hand, there are many other points that make them able to create the difference. Have a look on the activities and efforts followed by this organization:
- Saving endangered species with the campaign ‘Barcode of Life project
- Moving to 100% renewable electricity in all the data centers
- Reducing CO2 emissions with an employee carpooling app
- Facilitating Bang & Olufsen make greener TVs and stereos
- Working with a non-profit to fight poverty in Haiti
- Providing inexpensive accommodation for poor families in Mexico
- Motivating more girls to choose careers in IT-related fields
- Improving lives of more than 10,000 women in rural Ghana
- Helping Stonyfield Farm measure the carbon footprint of its products
It has regional offices in 130 countries with 291,000 customers in 190 countries. The company has 74,400 employees. Listed are those countries where they deal:
|America||Europe||Africa & Middle East||Asia Pacific & Japan|
|Brazil||Bulgaria||United Arab Emirates||China|
|Costa Rica||France||Saudi Arabia||New Zealand|
|United States||Lithuania||South Africa||South Korea|
Note: List does not contain all the countries. It contains some of famous countries from particular continent
Training Program & Opportunities
The company provides ample scope to numerous budding talents around the globe. It plays a great role in terms of providing SAP fresher jobs and earn lucrative salary packages directly through their organization where skillful people work together or in other companies where software created by them are used for the sustainable process. SAP SE hired 7292 employees in the year 2014.
The company provides 70% on-the-job experience, 20% networking, mentoring and coaching and 10% formal training opportunities.
Perks & Benefits
- To assist you meet your financial targets of life, they provide competitive salary packages.
- To boost up the mood and rejuvenate the employees in a better way, they provide paid vacations and holidays.
- To secure lives of employees, employees are provided with hassle-free & comprehensive life and health insurance.
- If one is interested in purchasing stocks of the company, he/she is provided opportunities to invest on long term investment programs through stock purchasing plans.
- Wherever its employees travel and go, the company offer travel insurance.
- Employees can enjoy free or subsidized lunch in each country’s main location.
- They promote equality as they have employees from 141 nationalities.
- They encourage women to work for them as 21% women are in their organization who are into leadership.
- 15.7 % of the total employees work from home. They provide freedom of working from any part of the country as their workforce.
Job Areas within the Company
|Sales||Consulting Services & Customer Support||Development & Technology|
|Marketing & Communications||Internal IT||Finance|
SAP has won 35+ “best employer” awards in 2014 alone in 27 countries. It has won 19 awards so far in 2015
On the Whole
You must have got your answer why choosing SAP SE to share information on it was a good idea. It is an ideal company in a real sense. It has reached to the peaks of success from nothing to one of the best companies in the world. It has set an example in front of many growing companies to work and establish their existence like them. They not only provide world’s best services in the form of software but they offer several job opportunities to professionals and fresher as well.