Consistently in organisations over the globe, HR managers are employed and given new roles. Building compatibility and trust being the paramount requisites, managers in the recruitment department are more challenged to create a structure that brings fruitful results for the organization. In a similar discussion with Mr. Madhav Vamsi, the newly appointed University Recruitment Head Microsoft India, we were acquainted with the role of assimilation and how it leads to HR success. Crisp and clear, the HR leader has put forth his words of wisdom in a step by step format to help the industry comprehend the basics of assimilation and execute them at an early stage.
Excerpts of the discussion with Mr. Madhav Vamsi – University Recruitment Head- Microsoft, India
Underneath are points that summarize how HR managers can complement the role of assimilation and ensure their success in the organization.
- Planning: It is vital to meticulously plan the assimilation process that would strongly determine whether a new hire succeeds or fails.
- Prioritize: What are the most important things to learn and what is their dependency on your role. Prioritize your work in way that you can manage to grasp a lot of information and set your mind in terms of delivering the desired results.
- Ownership: It is a two-way process. Successful professionals equally take responsibility & ownership of their assimilation process.
- Honest Relationships: Look up to build honest relationships with your team, peers & most importantly build you coaches and mentors.
- Buddy: Few organizations allocate a buddy. He is someone who isn’t your new manager, but allows you to freely ask those embarrassing questions without a hitch.
- Listening: Super important this point is. Do not worry about what you speak, but be a great listener and listen to what others have to say.
- Culture: Every firm has its own environment & culture, so understand the culture. It is important for every professional to learn, unlearn & relearn concepts based on the environment. Remember you accepted this new offer, you signed in for change.
- Adaptive Skills: Those everyday skills required for you to adapt into your new firm, I rate this skill right up there on that board. (I know its point 6 hereJ – practicing art of being unbiased)
- Quick Wins: We all know as a kid your job is to learn as much as possible but do ensure to moderate your pace. It’s
- Expectations: Do understand what is expected out of you, yes your 1:1’s with your manager, your job becomes easier when you know how to deliver out of your role. Therefore have clear expectations about what you should aim for.
Having your manager with you is super critical as you onboard & followed by an International Trip meeting other leaders is epic.
So, Smile big, keep learning, we all are learning, so it’s ok to do mistakes & fail.
My first 2 Weeks @Microsoft – Totally Loved it
Opinions mentioned here are purely my own thoughts.
The tips shared by the Hyderabad recruiter at Microsoft can go a long way in helping out HR managers and recruitment leaders plan, strategize and execute their assimilation process in a well-defined way.
About the Author
Madhav Vamsi M, is University Recruitment Head at Microsoft, Hyderabad Area, India. The talent leader has moved from Flipkart to Microsoft after and still manages all entry level recruitments while taking a strong interest in people analytics. Madhav frequently travels to campuses to lead presentations, networking events and conduct awesome coffee chats. The HR blogger has made headlines with HT media & Career 360. Known for his knowledge bank by his ex-colleagues, Madhav keeps outstanding sharing knowledge pieces on his social media platforms.