IT jobs are always known to be amongst the best and high paying jobs in India. IT in India is perhaps the largest employment sectors. Indian information technology (IT) is growing at breakneck speeds. As per the new report by a leading research firm Gartner Inc., the IT spending is projected to reach USD 73.3 billion in 2015 up 9.4% from USD67.1 billion in 2014.
Some of the major cities, where one can explore various IT jobs are listed below, take a look-
The speed at which IT spending in India is growing may make it the third largest IT market in the Asia-Pacific by 2016 and second largest by 2018 after China. Prospects are ripe that India will soon escalate to number three position from number four market in Asia Pacific.
The report further revealed that IT services segment is forecasted to grow 15.7% while software sector may grow 14% in 2015. This calls for happy days ahead for Indian software service exporters like Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Infosys, HCL Technologies and Tech Mahindra that have also reported high growth and huge deal wins from top markets such as US and Europe which collectively accounts for over 85% of their business.
Experts say that one in three jobs will be connected to software and IT.
What are the Most Important Software and IT Skills in Demand?
It is true that IT jobs are high in demand and are available in large numbers. With so many people desirous of making a career in the thriving IT industry, it is advisable to make yourself aware of the requisite skills that will make you stand out from the rest. The skills that will help you to get your dream job are listed below, take a look-
- Integrity & Values, Result Orientation
- Cultural Fitment
- Domain Expertise
- Numerical & Logical Ability
What does the Union Budget 2015 Stores in for IT Industry?
In February 2015, Finance minister announced his second budget. So how does it is going to impact IT industry? Let us check out the key highlights of the budget.
- Abolition of Wealth Tax
- To cut income tax on royalty fee on tech services to 10%
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad to be made full-fledged IIT
- National Skill Mission to be launched which intends to develop employability of the youth, especially below 25 years of age
- Full IT-based student financial body to be set up
- To allocate 1000 core to enable IT startups
- Rs 150 crore for world class
- To strengthen employment landscape, making India the manufacturing hub
- Reduction in rates of basic customs duty on certain inputs, raw materials, intermediates and components so as to minimize the impact of duty inversion and reduce the manufacturing cost in several sector
Well, IT jobs in India have extremely bright prospects. Your dedication, confidence and willingness to do something exceptional in the competitive tech world will surely boost your professional abilities and career graph.