A growing number of companies are waking up to the significance of data as a strategic resource. They know, Big Data drives big benefits.
There is no deny that big data is swiftly becoming one of the driving forces behind the global economy. A vast number of untold nuggets of information and facts that could startle even big data’s most fervent followers.
Let’s take a look at some of the enthralling Big Data facts below:
1. The amount of data is rising exponentially. At the lowest 2.5 quintillion bytes of data is produced every day.
2. Much of the world’s Big Data is created as metadata from GPS traffic and users’ smartphone.
3. Today, more than 70% of the Digital Universe is set up by the individuals, not organizations.
4. The largest ‘big data’ company in the world is Google that processes 3.5 billion requests per day.
5. Amazon host their estimate 1,000,000,000 GB (Gigabytes) of data across more than 1,400,000 servers.
6. Every second about 1.7 megabytes of new information will be generated for every human being around the globe.
7. We are keen-sighted an enormous growth in the photo and video data, where every minute up to 300 hours of videos are uploaded to YouTube alone.
8. By 2020, we will devise over 6.1 billion smartphone users worldwide.
9. In the year 2015, a confounding 1 trillion photos will be taken, and billions of them will be shared online.
10. In 5 years there will be over 50 billion smart devices connected on the planet, all technologically advanced to gather, analyze and share data.
11. 35 Zettabytes of data generated annually by the year 2020.
12. 2.7 Zettabyte data exist in the digital universe.
13. 5 Exabytes of data produced in every two days.
14. Every hour the data transferred over the Internet, if saved on DVDs, would generate a pile of DVDs Ninety-five times the height of Mount Everest.
15. More than 257 billion emails are sent on a daily basis.
16. According to the Dice, Job postings for NoSQL experts were improved to 54% over a year, and those for “big data talent” ascended 46%. Similarly, postings for Python and Hadoop pros were up 16%and 43%.
17. In the enterprise, data volume is going to grow 50 times between now and 2020.
Big data is not another big idea for tomorrow. At this very instant, it is fundamentally shifting how companies manage operations, serve clients and define their business models.
Amid the propagation of real-time data from sources including, social media, mobile devices, sensors, the web, transactional applications and log files, big data has found a host of vertical market applications from scientific R&D to fraud detection to workforce analytics.
Hope you enjoyed reading the blog, share your valuable views at @
Sources: cloudtweaks.com, informationweek.com, forbes.com, marketingtechblog.com, espatial.com.