Since it is a piece on sayings, let’s begin with a less famous but extremely influential one. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily” – Well that was to inspire you to bathe daily. Jokes apart, motivation is one thing that can get you to do anything that seems impossible at the first few glances. Every word resonates a type of energy. And it is those beta, gamma, or alpha sounds of the words that can either drive you or drive you crazy. CareerBuilder India brings you fifteen quotes to ponder upon, for a healthy start to your day.
1. “If you don’t build your dream, someone will hire you to build theirs.” – Tony Gaskins
2. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, then build a door.” – Milton Berle
3. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”–Wayne Gretzky
4. “A career is born in public – talent in privacy.” – Marilyn Monroe
5. “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” – Buddha
6. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
7. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”- Apple Inc.
9. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” –Japanese proverb
10. “There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly.” -Buckminster Fuller
11. “The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” – Walter Bagehot
12. “Adversity is another way to measure the greatness of individuals. I never had a crisis that didn’t make me stronger.”-Lou Holtz
13. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.”- Mark Twain
14. “Deliberate often – decide once.”Latin proverb
15. Stop asking if the glass is half full or half empty. Instead ask “What’s in it? How did it get there? What can I do with it?”- David Kaufman
You will often get to hear thought leaders and motivational speakers from industries ranging from IT to Finance to HR to Fashion, talk in cool and composed manner about situations that can be emotionally stirring. They’ll twist their words to make them sound inspiring, even if in reality all that they were really describing was failure – because that is the point from where inspiration for success springs – from failure!
IMAGE COURTESY: www.trueido.com