Time is the most precious resource and must be utilized properly by everyone. Hours can slip from the day, which can translate to wasted money for employers and less valuable products for employees.
As workers and employees, we all need to manage out time properly as to perform better. If we are able to manage it the right direction, we would not only turn out to be more productive but also happier employees.
There are only three ways to spend time—thoughts, conversations and actions. Regardless of the type of business you own, your work will be composed of those three things, come what may.
As an employee at a workplace, you are indeed bound to be interrupted with some or the work. Whether it is meetings or any other work related stuff, it is difficult to avoid interruptions at workplace. However, you can always choose to time yourself in order to ensure that you complete your work in time.
Given below are a few tips that will ensure good time management for employees:
- Maintaining a schedule is the first step to time management. Prepare and maintain a proper schedule so that you are able to keep a track of your daily tasks. This will also ensure that how much do you get done during the day and where are you investing your precious moments.
- Plan to spend at least 50 per cent of your time engaged in conversations, activities and thoughts that help you produce maximum results.
- Do one type of action at a time. Avoid indulging in too many works at any given point of time. Take up one job, finish it and then take up another one. This will not only save your time but also ensure that your work gets done effectively.
- Take 30 minutes time off as you step into the office. During these 30 minutes make time and plan your day accordingly. The most important time of your day is the time you schedule to schedule time.
- Give yourself five minutes before you take any all or start off any task. This will help you gauge what success looks like. After you have completed the task, take five minutes off to determine were you able to achieve the desired results or there’s more to it. If you were not able to achieve what was it that was missing? What can you do to work upon it?
- Place a “Do not disturb” sign when you absolutely have to get work done. But be a little cautious as others might not take it in a positive way.
- If possible, strictly avoid using all kinds of social media channels unless you need it for your business as these cause a lot of distractions.
Applying theses time management skills will ensure that you turn out to be substantially productive than before, at your workplace. So if you want to be more productive at workplace and manage time properly, do implement these strategies.