Enough of the old resume tips & tricks. It’s time to move ahead with a spark in this tough competition of job hunt. Here is a secret that can really help outshine your resume and help you tell the future employer why he must take you onboard.
It is said that a great picture is worth thousand words, and it is also said that an ideal resume is the one which is crisp & relevant. So, how about the idea of clubbing both and give a creative revival to the resume? Yes, everyone has a story to share, and you have to do that with the creative input with these simple alterations:
1. Give ‘Logos’ to your ‘Experience’: In your work experience section, logos of the companies can give a more powerful impact instead of just the names. Include the logos of the companies that you have worked for or contributed in any sense related to your job. This would add visual impact to your resume. Also, link the logos with their websites or your work for the reference.
2. Story telling is an art for your resume too: Add narration and pictures to represent what you are good at and what you love to do. Think about narrations to talk about the projects you have worked upon and share them with pictorial presentation. Do not forget to choose a perfect picture to connect with your story. In case, you are not able to add narration, the too, you may choose pictures that represents your skills or potential.
3. Show Your Skills With Icons: It’s perfect that you got the perfect skills to match the job requirement. How about adding relevance and making them stand out high? Well, just add icons in the skills section. It’ll give a great impact.
4. Share Information with Charts or Infographics: With data, you can add credibility to your statement. Pick up few facts about yourself and include a visually appealing infographic.
5. Use Smart Typography: Typography enhances engagement. Add colors, different fonts to highlight certain elements. But make sure you do not overdo that.