What is Human Resource Planning (HRP)?
Human Resource Planning is a procedure of anticipating the needs of the organization regarding workforce to be hired sooner or shortly.
What are the goals of Human Resource Planning?
Enlisted below are some of the primary goals of human resource planning:
- To recruit employees in the right amount and quality.
- To idealize employee and filling impromptu vacancies.
- To meet the prerequisites of the projects of extension, enhancement and so forth.
- To envision the effect of innovation on work and current employees.
- To advance the learning, development, aptitude, and discipline.
- To evaluate the surplus or deficiency of human resources and take initiatives in accordance.
- To make efficient use of human resources.
Benefits of Human Resource Planning
Explained below are some of the major advantages of Human Resource Planning that drive recruiters, hiring managers, sourcing specialists, and employers to work with greater enthusiasm:
1. Identify future needs: The human resource planning helps HR teams in determining the future requirements of the workforce along with, identifying the vacancies that may turn up sooner or shortly.
2. Better planning benefit: With the help of human resource planning, the attitude of the current employees can be enhanced by giving them meticulous training and development opportunities.
3. Identifying deficiency and surplus: Employee learning programs benefit HR to assess the surplus or deficiency in employees that might be appearing during the phase. With the help of HRP, the task becomes easier.
4. Smooth business operations: When Human Resource planning is executed, employees can be engaged in a better way leading to lower attrition rate and ultimately helping business to run smoothly.
5. Enhanced productivity: Where the human resource is planned, the workforce is happy and ever productive. With the meticulous planning of human resources, an improved output can be anticipated to be delivered.
6. Save on hiring cost: With planned human resources, the cost of abruptly hiring a candidate gets managed, and only the needful funds are utilized in the recruitment process.
This way, with the help of human resource planning, the employers can deal with the employee prerequisites (both in near and later future) which help to save time, cost and effort in searching a candidate.
Today, with the growing number of RPO service providers, HRs can handover the task of hiring to these professionals and make their job easy, hassle-free and least time consuming. Moreover, HR can focus on the core objectives of the organization and stay ensured to have the best candidates on board without any pain of human resource planning internally. The RPOs are specialists in finding the best of talent from across the world with a commitment on quality, save on time as well as cost. Their HR services are as good as hiring a specialist to plan your human resources.
When to approach RPOs amid human resource planning?
As soon as a request is received by the recruiter to fill a single vacancy or conduct mass hiring for a particular position, RPO assistance can be taken to avoid any wrong hiring decisions such as lay off existing employees, termination, and so on. Amid critical hiring circumstances, when HR feels the pressure to find the best candidate, a well-planned HR team can coordinate with the RPO team to get the task done without any hassle.