Every organization has to undergo multiple recruitment processes. Recruitment has always been a hectic, laborious and time-taking activity. Copious amount of money and time is invested in hiring. But, with technological advancements, recruitment has now become an easy affair. The automation of the recruitment process is making hiring activity simpler than ever. Automation is bringing efficiencies in money, quality and time.
In India, medium and large scale organizations have welcomed this development while others (growing organizations) are positively looking for it. One of the most sought-after automated recruitment tools is ‘ATS’ (Applicant Tracking System). It is estimated that around 90% percent of all mid-sized companies and almost all large corporations are using some type of applicant tracking system these days.
Applicant Tracking System
ATS, also known as a candidate management system, is an application that helps companies recruit employees more effectively. This online recruitment technology emerged in the 1990s. ATS facilitates easy handling of recruitment needs, screening resumes, and generating interview requests to potential candidates by e-mail. Moreover, it comprises of features such as:
- Individual applicant tracking
- Pre-screening questions
- Automated resume ranking
- Requisition tracking
- Customized input forms
- Response tracking
Why India requires ATS
- One of the major problems that Indian companies face while hiring is maintaining and updating database of candidate resumes. The reason was the data was stored in excel sheets, files and folders. Recruitment automation software provides a consolidated database. It further leverages the performance of all recruiters. The duplicate resume detection feature ensures that the database is clean and the same candidates are not being considered repeatedly.
- Another time consuming tasks for recruiters is coordinating with vendors. The vendor portal feature helps easy communication with vendors when it comes to broadcasting positions, candidates’ status, etc.
- Time is money, the more you save it the more you can invest you on other important aspects in your organization. It is crucial when a recruitment software reduces the time of multiple recruitment activities. It ensures that candidates are not lost to competitors. It ensures that the right candidates are hired as fast as possible.
- Recruitment software has unlocked many paths for tracing candidates, specifically those that allow integration with social media. With this, reaching passive candidates is quite easier.
The new generation of ATSs can help bring many recruitment functions into a central place, further streamlining practices. Modern ATS features intelligent skills-matching based on semantic technology and provides built-in real-time analytics to evaluate the flow of data.
Importantly, it allows hirers to create specific communities based on locations and skills so that they can easily coordinate and engage with those candidates on the system. Hiring or HR departments need to obtain maximum value from their ATSs, not just when looking for talent but to capitalize on the talent that already resides in the system.